King Furniture are located in Ginowan and specialize in fine rosewood and Chinese rosewood furniture. Available in a range of colors and natural lacquer finishes with many different styles to choose from. They also offer home lay-a-way, furniture repair, delivery, custom made furniture and special orders.
Posted 6 years, 11 months ago at 9:58 pm. 1 comment
In the spirit of the Typhoon Season, we thought it would be appropriate to compile a list of typhoon websites that are very useful while in Okinawa, Japan.
1. www.typhoon2000.com – This typhoon site is unique in that it compiles all the other typhoon agencies information into one very useful typhoon information center. Definitely one of the best resources for typhoon information.
2. http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/ – This is the Japan Meteorological Agency English typhoon site. They do a great job presenting the track of the typhoon in their maps. In addition they use local time which makes is easy to understand.
3. http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/ – These guys are great. I love how they color coat the typhoons depending on the category. Check out their wundermap – Somehow they combine Google maps with the typhoon track! Great info for typhoons.
4. http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/ – This site is interesting and has some really interesting satellite images of the typhoons. First you need to find the West Pacific area and click on the typhoon name. Once you are on the typhoon page click on some of the satellite images to get the full view of the typhoon.
5. http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/ – This site is very easy to use and understand. Color coated typhoon tracks and brief explanations. Simple is good.
6. http://metocph.nmci.navy.mil/jtwc.php – Our friends at the Joint Typhoon Warning Center in Hawaii. Aside from Zulu time and 6 hours between typhoon updates, they can be somewhat useful.
7. http://www.cheunghy.com/shared/tc – This site compiles about 6 major storm tracks into a useful resource for checking which way the typhoon is forecasted to go.
8. http://www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu/Tropical/ – Here is another site out of Hawaii. Not to much different from any other typhoon site, but it does give you another perspective on the storm track.
9. http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=OK&program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&latitude=26.0&longitude=127.5&zone=9&units=e – Wow, that’s a long address! Check the waves around Okinawa with this site.
10. http://weather.kadenaservices.com/update/tccor.htm – and of course the local typhoon conditions.
We hope this listing is useful to you and your families. If you would like to add to this list, please feel free to post a comment.
Posted 6 years, 11 months ago at 11:30 am. Add a comment
Santa Monica International Preschool is located in Chatan in a brand new building providing state of the art modern facilities for your children's schooling in Okinawa. Modern clean classrooms and a large indoor play area for bad weather.
Posted 6 years, 11 months ago at 2:52 pm. 1 comment
White River Photo Studio is located in located just outside Gate 2 on BC Street next to Tiget Patch Shop. They specialise in professional photos for individual, families and special occasions. They offer traditional Japanese style photos with men and women dressed in Kimonos with hair and make up professionally done.
QR Code & Local Map
Posted 6 years, 12 months ago at 11:02 pm. 3 comments
Ajast Housing Agency is conveniently located near Kadena gate 1 on highway 23. They have English speaking staff and specialize in designing and building American style homes and apartments.
Looking for other housing agencies? Click HERE to view our complete list
Posted 7 years ago at 12:27 pm. Add a comment