In the spirit of the Typhoon Season, we thought it would be appropriate to compile a list of typhoon websites that are very useful while in Okinawa, Japan.
5. http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/ – This site is very easy to use and understand. Color coated typhoon tracks and brief explanations. Simple is good.
6. http://metocph.nmci.navy.mil/jtwc.php – Our friends at the Joint Typhoon Warning Center in Hawaii. Aside from Zulu time and 6 hours between typhoon updates, they can be somewhat useful.
7. http://www.cheunghy.com/shared/tc – This site compiles about 6 major storm tracks into a useful resource for checking which way the typhoon is forecasted to go.
8. http://www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu/Tropical/ – Here is another site out of Hawaii. Not to much different from any other typhoon site, but it does give you another perspective on the storm track.
9. http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=OK&program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&latitude=26.0&longitude=127.5&zone=9&units=e – Wow, that’s a long address! Check the waves around Okinawa with this site.
10. http://weather.kadenaservices.com/update/tccor.htm – and of course the local typhoon conditions.
We hope this listing is useful to you and your families. If you would like to add to this list, please feel free to post a comment.