Okinawa Typhoon Website Resources
In the spirit of the Typhoon Season, we thought it would be appropriate to compile a list of Okinawa typhoon websites that are very useful while in Okinawa, Japan.
5. http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/ – This site is very easy to use and understand. Color coated typhoon tracks and brief explanations. Simple is good.
6. https://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/jtwc.html – Our friends at the Joint Typhoon Warning Center in Hawaii. Aside from Zulu time and 6 hours between typhoon updates, they can be somewhat useful.
7. http://www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu/Tropical/ – Here is another site out of Hawaii. Not to much different from any other typhoon site, but it does give you another perspective on the storm track.
8. http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=OK&program=nww3BW1&grb=nww3&latitude=26.0&longitude=127.5&zone=9&units=e – Wow, that’s a long address! Check the waves around Okinawa with this site.
9. https://www.kadena.af.mil/Agencies/Local-Weather/ – and of course the local typhoon conditions.
10. https://www.windy.com – Really well designed website and app that shows current and predicted wind conditions. Great to install on your keitai!
We hope this listing is useful to you and your families. If you would like to add to this list, please feel free to post a comment.