It’s so easy to get stressed out these days and especially through the holidays. Small things can irritate us. Okinawa traffic, people parking on the side of a busy street, those 10 last pounds that just won’t go away can bring anyone down! It’s such a misfortune if we allow those things to kill our vibe while trying to enjoy this island. How do we get rid of all the stress and negative feelings and actually start enjoying okinawa? Well, seems like there’s a few simple rules that can make our lives happier. And here they are:
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile. Think positive thoughts.
2. Take advantage of the different spas here on island! Relax!
3. Get some sleep
4. Go explore! Get out and see new and different things.
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
8. Spend time with people that uplift and motivate you.
9. Dream more
10. Eat healthy
11. Drink plenty of water.
12. Smile more
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on the wrong people
14. Forget and forgive issues of the past.
15. Let go of anything that doesn’t make you happy.
I know that some things may be harder to do than others. It’s important to take baby steps when changing anything. Remember to embrace your journey and experience here on the island don’t get consumed on what others are doing… Everything here is for your greater good, BE the TOTAL YOU in Okinawa!!
T. Denise Manning, Certifed Life Coach, founder/owner of Imagine Potential Life strategies firm, joined the total Okinawa Team June 2014 and will be writing our “ total you” section that highlights, inspires and encourages our readers to be the best they can be by utilizing okinawa’s services and resources! Want your health, fitness, beauty or wellness business featured? Contact Ms. Denise today! [email protected]